- 3 tsp green tea (depends on brand, but this is usually 3 bags)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 3 tsp greek yogurt
- optional: facial brush (I sometimes use a tint brush to help with mess, but clean fingers work just as well)
- Pour the yogurt and brown sugar into bowl. Cut open tea tags and add unbrewed green tea to the bowl. Mix.
- Apply to face and leave for 20 minutes.
- With clean fingers, gently scrub mask in circular motions for a minute or two.
- Wash away carefully with warm water.
- You can make extra and keep refrigerated up to a month.
Why This Works:
- Green tea is an antioxidant and also helps with redness and water retention. When I'm sick, my face looks puffy and red, so I love green tea to help (I drink it too).
- Brown sugar is an exfoliant. My skin gets very dry when I take decongestants, and this helps with the dry skin.
- Yogurt provides moisture and soothes skin--so helpful with my skin.
- No yogurt? Try regular sour cream. You can also substitute a regular cream moisturizer, just remember you have to rinse it away.
- Sometimes I substitute fresh, ground parsley instead of green tea, especially if I have a pimple.
- To make this just a scrub, add one more tsp of brown sugar and one less tsp of yogurt.
- Want more recipes?