|One of my outfits from the SBS Conference!|
I felt such an overwhelming amount of support and camaraderie from YOU on here, my Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. For once, I didn't feel alone--you told me your stories of having social anxiety too. And even if you couldn't relate to that, you all gave me advice and encouragement. You didn't make me feel like I was weird because I find talking to people a terrifying challenge.
And so I finally attended a blogger conference this weekend. I cannot thank you enough for virtually being there for me, for cheering me on. I had a great time, even though I didn't speak up as much as I wanted. I was happy with almost how everything happened--I skipped the pool party on the last day and wish I would have gone. But there's always next time! Again, I cannot thank you enough for your love and support.
|Items from my goodie bags!|
I'd also like to thank Martha, who nominated me for the "My Writing Process" tour. Here are my questions and answers:
1) What am I working on?
I write every day for my blog, and am always in the middle of a post. I love blogging and it truly makes me happy.
2) How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I encounter mostly style and personal blogs, so I feel differently having a beauty blog.
3) Why do I write what I do?
I was tired of beauty myths that perpetuated from misinformed bloggers as well as poorly done reviews. There's a lot of bad or untrue info out there. I think I should be able to trust a blogger because she's knowledgeable about her work, not just because she's young and pretty.
4) How does your writing process work?
I won't go into all of the blogging steps, but I do everything by myself. I don't have a photographer or someone to edit my pics--this was something I learned this weekend. Everyone seemed to have someone to help them out. I write in the evenings when I am home from work. I'm up very late and get up early.
To continue the tour, I nominate--
Bows and Nails--Emily is a blogger and has a beauty Youtube channel, and we've collaborated on a couple of videos. She is a sweetheart and is a writer!
Forever Alixandria--Alixandria is a beauty blogger who is a newlywed! She is so sweet and has a new blog.
Other life tidbits:
- Charlie did well with his dental surgery. He is back to normal!
- I celebrated the 4th at home, since Charlie was recooping, and I sat on the roof with friends to watch the fireworks. Because I live in Midtown, I could see all of the firework shows going on in the city. It was awesome!
- I went to the Drive In! So much fun! The weather was amazing (a truly near impossible feat in Atlanta), I heard cicadas, watched the fireflies dance, and ate s'mores.
- My sister and her family came up for a week or so. I got to see her and one of my nephew's at the Children's Museum.
- I got my hair done--seriously one of my FAVE things ever.
Back to beauty tomorrow! :)