- 1/c Epsom Salt or Dead Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. melted coconut oil
- 1-2 drops essential oil(s) or body-safe fragrance oil(s)
- Pour salts into container and add coconut oil. I am using Skinny & Co. Coconut Oil that I was sent to try. It is 100% alkaline pure, raw, virgin coconut oil and is a wonderful product that I would highly recommend. Your skin will feel so soft.
- Next, I added coconut cream body-safe fragrance oil to further enhance the scent. Coconut is one of my FAVE smells.
- Mix and let dry for a couple of hours (preferably). Remember, we aren't making a salt scrub here, just a light coating of the coconut oil.
- Add to bath and relax for 20 minutes.
- Not into coconut? Other beachy scents I've used are citrus, like lemons or oranges, sandalwood/musk, or tropical.
- I kept the salts as is, but feel free to add a soap colorant, like blue, to make them the color of the sea.
- While I am sharing the recipe for one use, feel free to make to your specifications. I like about a half cup, but have used up to 2 for a bath.
- This makes a cute gift!
- These will store for up to a year in a sealable container.
- If necessary, please consult doctor before using or making this recipe.
- Exercise caution when entering/exiting the tub.
PS: More DIY recipes to try: