Quick question: what's your favorite Easter candy? Confession time: Peeps are probably my least fave! But since Easter is next weekend, I wanted to share a DIY featuring this popular treat. This is great for kids and adults, and it's an option for those who don't like/can't have candy. Simply pop in a Peep and soak your feet. Instant relaxation from all of the
1c baking soda
1/2c citric acid (available online and in stores like Whole Foods)
2 tablespoons vitamin E oil
2 tablespoons witch hazel or water
5 drops orange essential oil
soap colorant in different colors (try craft stores)
Bunny mold for Peeps
food coloring marker (or brown food coloring)
- Mix the dry ingredients. If you are doing different colors, pour an equal amount of mixture into separate bowls.
- Mix the oils and soap colorant and add to dry ingredients.
- Stir until the mix turns desired color.
- Add a few drops at a time of witch hazel to the mix and rapidly stir until it has a mushy consistency.
- Work quickly, because if you add too much witch hazel at a time, your mix will bubble and fizz. The color should pop once the liquid is added.
- Press into molds and allow to dry for a few hours. I usually do this over night.
- Pop the Peeps out of the mold and decorate as you'd like. I used a food coloring marker, but food coloring mixed into brown and then dotted on for the eyes and ears works well.
- Your feet will be soft and smell nice--I love using orange for this, but use what you like.
- While this is for your feet, these are traditional bath bombs and can be used as such.
- If giving this to a kid, be sure to check with parents/guardians first, in case of allergies.
|Happy Easter from Elle and Charlie!|
Want More DIY?