I have been LOVING the weather in Atlanta lately. I'm talking finding-any-excuse-to-go-outside kinda weather. Let's go outside and check the mail...again! or I need to get something out of my car. Any excuse. And Charlie is LOVING it of course. I have to spell "walk" or "out" because he's pretty much a genius (biased much?) and leaps into position if he hears those words.
But now that the weather has been mostly nice, I've been looking to these products to get a glow all over. I'm not talking a Bronzed Goddess here--that comes later in summer--I'm talking a nice, healthy-looking glow that gets rid of the winter dryness. I was sent these products to try, but liked them so much and think you might too!
- Step one--It's time to slough off all of dry winter skin, allowing that natural glow to shine through. Now y'all know I love me a good DIY scrub, but sometimes I just want to grab and go. And I know some of you are the same.
- Enter Frank. Frank is a coffee scrub with brown sugar and sea salt, with cold-pressed almond oil. I love to use this before I shave, moisturize, or apply self-tanner.
- I like how this comes in a resealable bag and how well it works. It's a drier scrub, so it's less goopy (gloopy?) and really smooths skin. They have a coconut+ grapeseed version too. $14.95 and full of good-for-you stuff. I love this scrub!
- I take a couple of small handfuls and apply it to my damp skin, scrubbing it in, and then leaving it for a few minutes before rinsing away. Use once or twice a week. Stores 6 months.
ADD SOME COLOR
- Now that we're all scrubbed up, let's add some color! A must for all of those cute spring dresses, right? Karora Skinwear just launched in the US (get it at Ulta) and has a variety of products for self-tanning and instant color needs. They believe in "botanical bronzing" by being formulae-free from nasties!
- I tried the Karora Express Bronzing Mousse. Using the mitt, I was able to easily apply color to my legs. Color showed in about an hour. It looked natural and I really liked this product!
- I also received some samples, starting with the Karora Instant Tan. It's water-resistant and gives instant color and glow. I loved how nourishing my skin felt.
- Next, is the Karora Gradual Tan--for those looking for subtle color, and again with hydrating ingredients, give this a try. It smells good too.
- Finally, is the CC Cream Skin Sensation--this starts off a grainy grey, but easily blends into color, and can be used on face or body.
- I highly suggest checking out these different options (there are more products, too). Prices: $25-$40
- If color on your face isn't your thing, and you just want a natural glow, you've GOT to check out this product. I've been slightly obsessed with Lupita Nyong'o's glowing skin (yes, I had to Google how to spell her last name). She said she uses oils. Since I don't have her amazing skin, I've been faking it with the M Steves Ultra-Nourishing Boost. If you want that natural glow-from-within, get this! Now!
- Pure, cold-pressed RHSO (Rose Hip Seed Oil) intensely hydrates and nourishes skin while a concentrated, naturally-derived extract called GATULINE® IN-TENSE, proven to make skin look of firmer, works to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Leaves skin more even and brighter with a luminous glow.
- Dermatologist Tested. 96.7% Natural. 100% Vegan. No Parabens. No petrochemicals. No GMOs. No Phthalates. Wheat & Gluten Free. No Synthetic Dyes or Fragrance. No Animal Testing. Recyclable
- Price: $64 but SO worth it. Trust me.
- Regardless of whether you want to glow or not, you're gonna need some protection out there. I have been loving using Australian Gold (I just realized three of these brands are Australian! G'day! PS: I can totally do an Australian accent and have "passed" as a native Australian. But I think they were just being nice. Back to the products!)
- I admit I can't stand the way lotion feels on my palms, and sunscreen feels the worst! Anyway, I like having the option for sprays, like these. These are Sheer Coverage Continuous Spray Broad Spectrum Protection. If your current sunscreen isn't broad spectrum, throw it out now, because it isn't protecting you from all of the UV rays out there. This comes in 30 and 50. It doesn't smell like alcohol-hairspray like some sprays I've tried. It isn't sticky, it absorbs quickly, and is oil-free. Plus, it's water-resistant up to 80 minutes. Check these out! $11.99
- I also wanted to give a mention to Australia Gold's Self-Tanning Lotion. I know not everyone is into looking tan, but they want just a little color. If you want very subtle color, try this. It's very light, moisturizing, and easy to apply. $8.99
What products have you been loving lately for glow?
- Win a pair of Reebok Skyscape shoes--pick the color!
- $75 Sephora Gift Card + 2 more prizes
- Gift basket full of RIMMEL makeup!
- All-Day Beauty Tools from NEUTROGENA