I like to save money whenever I can, but my one splurge is getting my hair done every now and again. And here are my 5 tips on how I try to preserve my blowout as long as possible:
- hair pins or elastics
- teasing comb or brush
- dry shampoo
- satin pillowcase
- shower cap
- Whenever your hair doesn't need to be seen, like in the car, at home, or when you're asleep, put your hair in a high, loose bun. This serves two purposes: it helps to hold the curl in your hair AND keeps volume.
- Another way to help keep volume is to use a teasing comb or brush to tease/back comb roots.
- Dry shampoo is a great product to have! Use it to keep greasy hair at bay and to add volume. See my post here on how to use dry shampoo correctly.
- The more you mess with your hair, the quicker your blow out will fall out. Keep frizz at bay by using a satin pillowcase. I use one nightly and swear by this tip. Your hair will stay smooth. Bonus: you won't have sleep creases on your face! See more benefits here.
- Finally, when in the shower, use a shower cap! I snag these when I travel, but these can be purchased at any beauty supply store (Ulta has them too). Bonus: I keep one in my travel bag to wrap around dirty shoes in my suitcase!
Do you splurge or save when it comes to your hair?