For January, I'm starting a new series called This or That. I'll be putting two similar beauty products to the test to see which one is better. One will be high end, and the other product will be a less-expensive alternative or a possible dupe. I hope you enjoy it!
I admit I really slacked off with my nail polish posts over the last year, so that's why I wanted to start off with a polish post. First up, I have a comparison between Seche Vite and INM Out The Door, two popular fast-drying top coats. Both can be found in stores and online.
- Seche Vite™ dry fast top coat is widely acknowledged as the world's finest top coat. Specially formulated to penetrate through nail lacquer to the base coat forming a single solid coating over the nail plate for a much more durable finish. Guaranteed not to yellow while leaving nails silky, stronger and resistant to chipping and peeling. --via site
- Dries fast
- Minimal chipping
- Glossy, almost gel-like finish
- Price $7.99+/- for .5oz
- Shrinkage around nail/polish
- Strong smell due to crazy bad chemicals
- Formula thickens quickly, about halfway through the bottle. A polish thinner needs to be purchased and added to get through bottle.
|No chipping after 1 week.|
INM Out The Door Fast Drying Top Coat
- America's #1 super fast drying top coat! Out The Door's long wearing, high gloss finish will not yellow. Use alone or over any polish to accelerate the drying time--via site
- Price $4.49+/- for .5 fl oz
- Dries quickly
- Thinner consistency means you can get through the whole bottle
- Not as strong of a smell
- I am wearing 1 coat of a white Julie G polish followed by 1 coat of a glitter Sinful Colors polish, with a top coat of Seche Vite on my left hand, and Out the Door on my right. You results will vary depending on polish used.
- I did this specific test twice, alternating the top coats on both hands, as I am right-handed and my nails always chip faster there. Does that happen to you?
- Seche Vite was the winner as far as shine and lasting power; however, Out The Door was so close.
- So which one is better? This is really difficult as I can argue for both:
- Seche Vite:
- Would repurchase but not anytime soon
- Love the gel-like finish
- Can't stand how it thickens up to the point of being unusable
- I paint my nails very often, rarely keeping the same polish on more than 4 days, so a week-long top coat is not a priority.
- Would repurchase
- Despite what the results were, this is my personal winner,
Which one do you like best?
Which products would you like me to test next?
PS: GIVEAWAYS for YOU!
To thank you for reading ElleSees, I have two giveaways I'd love for you to enter: