Every week I compare two similar products to see which one I liked better.
Enjoy this week's This or That:
Let's share my recipe for a potential hair disaster: dry, frizzy, color-treated, with a dash of winter temps. Add it all together, and you have my hair type. But I swear by weekly deep conditioning treatments to keep any potential hair disasters at bay. Two products I use for this are the Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque and the L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm.
Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque-Macadamia Deep Repair Masque is a revitalizing hair reconstructor for dry, damaged hair.
-Combines Macadamia & Argan oils with Tea tree oil, chamomile oil, aloe and algae extract
-Deep nourishment & long-lasting conditioning
-Ultra-conditioning hair reconstruction
-$33 8.5 oz
L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
-Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm by L'Oreal specially formulated for damaged, over processed and chemically treated hair.
-This intense luxurious reconstructing balm instantly repairs the 5 signs of damage: 1. Split Ends 2. Weak 3. Rough 4. Dull 5. Dehydrated.
This or That?
- I tested these products many times, in a variety of conditions and different ways, including half of my hair with one and half with the other. Longtime readers know I am a very thorough reviewer.
- Normally, I weigh the pros and cons of each, but these products are so similar. The two biggest differences are the scents and the prices. The Macadamia Oil does have oil while the L'Oreal relies more on waxes and wheat protein..
- Did both products work? My hair felt instantly softer once air or heat-dried.
- My hair looked and felt pretty much the same regardless of the product that I used.
- The Macadamia Oil made it ever so slightly softer, but that was only noticeable when compared side by side. Friends and family couldn't detect a difference and were split down the middle when it came to softness and frizziness.
- For me, this is completely up to personal preference of scent (I like them both) and budget. I personally wouldn't repurchase the MNODRM simply because of price, and would stick to the LTR5DEB or something similar. But if you have really damaged hair, you will want the Macadamia Oil.