Y'all--I am having one of those weeks! I feel like I'm all out of sorts. Maybe it's a post-Thanksgiving haze? Prime example: I filmed a hilarious (to me) video for this post, complete with Charlie cameo. When I went to edit it, it was nowhere to be found. So after much deliberation (ok, about a minute of panic) I decided to just do the post instead. This month is my two year anniversary with Ipsy, and I've posted every month, so I can't skip this past month! Now, while this is really late, think instead that I've thoroughly reviewed these products. Deal? And hopefully things will turn around this month!
Closeup of the products
- Theme: Glam It Up--The bag is a cute gold snakeskin with hot pink accents.
- Em Cosmetics Pillow Plush Cushiony Lip Balm--This cushiony, lip-smoothing balm gives your lips extra love with a sheer dose of color. Bright pops of color tints for a juicy lip look.
- I received Bubblegum. Luckily, it doesn't smell like Bubblegum. Sephora used to make something similar that I LOVED, so I'm glad to have this. But at $15, there's no way I would purchase this.
- Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon in Shameless--A glossy lip crayon with a smooth texture that is perfect for travel and touch-ups on the go.
- This is a beautiful color, but doesn't have long staying power. Great on top of lipstick, can be worn sheer or with several coats.
- Pixi Beauty Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched--This bronzing powder gives your complexion the warmth and luminosity of naturally sunkissed skin. Hydrating, silky-smooth & long-wearing, it also protects against free radicals. Contains Vitamin E to protect the skin and mica, which provides dense natural pigment.
- Subtle is right. It seems to be pretty close to my skintone, so it's not really a bronzer. I've been using this as shadow instead and will probably give to my sister.
- Cailyn Built-In Sponge Tip Mineral Eye Shadow in Champagne--Made with 100% raw mineral powder, this highly-pigmented satiny powder not only colors your eyes with shimmery, gorgeous hues, but is also safe to wear long hours. Easy-to-use, built-in sponge tip allows smooth application and seamless blending of colors.
- Beautiful color that is completely wearable any time of year for a highlight on the lid.
- Nailtini Straight Up Color Nail Lacquer in Caviar Cocktail--Just one of Nailtini's top-shelf, 3-free nail lacquer, available in dozens of shades, textures and finishes. Wear them alone or layered to create custom looks and effects, each one a cocktail unto itself.
- This is my 4th Nailtini polish. I don't like the formula. I will keep it for nail art.
- Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil in Topaz--Providea a magnificent metallic finish and are so versatile, soft, and creamy that they can be used as a liner or eyeshadow base! Each highly-pigmented, unique pencil has a gorgeous, micro-glitter finish.
- This is great for the holidays, but not something I'd wear daily. I like smudging it out on my lid for a glittery effect.
Swatches of this month's products