Still from video--Silent Treatment from Wet N Wild is used in this tutorial
Hey you! Today I'm sharing an easy, drugstore makeup tutorial for daytime fall makeup. It's a lighter look making it perfect for work, or for those that want the darker colors of fall but without such intensity. I've been doing makeup tutorials on the blog for years, but can you believe this is my first makeup video tutorial? And just in case you think it's not daytime-friendly, I did darken it just a little just in case it didn't show up on camera, but I promise it's wearable! Enjoy.
Can't see the video? Click here or read below for directions.
T O O L S:
- Wet N Wild Silent Treatment Shadow Trio
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe
- L'Oreal Infallible in Shimmering Taupe
- Wet N Wild Brulee Single Shadow
- Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara
- Benefit Blush in Hervana (see drugstore option below)
- NYX Eye Liner in Brown (current whereabouts unknown, so not pictured)
- Jordana Lip Liner in Plush Plum
- Lip Balm (Noya from past Ipsy Bag)
A L T E R N A T I V E S:
Feel free to use what you'd like, but here are some more alternatives:
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain in Smitten or
- Jordana Twist and Shine in Cranberry Crush
- Wet N Wild in Nutty
- Wet N Wild Blush in Mellow Wine
B R U S H E S:
- Sigma E 60
- Sigma E 35
- Sigma E40--used for blending shadows...I never add shadows to this
- Sigma E 30
- ELF Smudge Brush
- Real Techniques Accent Brush (or use Q-Tip)
M E T H O D:
- Apply Tough as Taupe all over the lid as a primer. Optional.
- Using a Sigma E60 flat shader brush, tap into the pink browbone shade on the Silent Treatment palette. Pat this all over the lid, focusing the shade on the middle of the lid.
- Take the Sigma E35 brush and dip into the taupe shade in the Silent Treatment palette and apply to the crease using a back-and-forth windshield wiper motion.
- Use the E40 brush and blend out any harsh lines/edges.
- Take the E35 brush, the L'Oreal shade and apply to the outer "v." It will look like a < or > depending on the eye. Blend it out with the E40. Feel free to sub with the WNW Nutty shade.
- Take the E30 pencil brush and dip into that L'Oreal shade again, brushing underneath lower lashes, like an eyeliner. Or use Nutty.
- Use the Accent Brush, tapped into Brulee and apply under the brows and inner corners as a highlight.
- Use a cool brown (or grey or taupe) liner on the upper lids. Smudge with the ELF brush.
- Apply Maybelline Big Eyes (or your preference) mascara after curling lashes.
- Apply the Benefit Hervana blush or sub with WNW Mellow Wine.
- Take the Jordana lip liner, outline and fill in lips. Apply lip balm on top. Or sub for a lip crayon.
Finished look--still from video
What fall beauty looks are you loving?
Please support my giveaways below: