Hey you! Today I'm sharing a review and video of what I purchased from EM Cosmetics. This is a high-end cosmetics line started by Youtube beauty superstar, Michelle Phan. While I knew of her only through Ipsy, she's been in no fewer than 4 magazines these past couple of months. Check it out:
Her line has something for everyone, regardless of level of beauty interest. I initially passed on the products after seeing the prices, but when I saw a liner, shadow sampler, and lipstick combo for a good price (around $23), I caved.
I expected to receive a sample size of one palette, not a sample of the palette. I also didn't get a choice of what palette. Shown here is an example of the Love Life palette, with samples of brown, aubergine, and teal shadows as well as a berry gloss. The pigmentation of the shadows was okay, and the gloss wore off fairly quickly. The entire palette, which comes with 36 pans of shadows, cheek, and lip colors is $75, and there are several of them to choose from. I was not impressed enough to spend that much.
As for the other two products I ordered, I encourage you to watch my 5 Minute Review, where I go into the product line in more detail, show swatches, and share my thoughts. Enjoy!
- Gems among the rough
- Nice packaging
- Thorough video and phone guides for help and ideas
- Fave product I ordered: $20 Eyeliner--it's one of the best pencil liners I've ever used (see video for review). It stays on the waterline! I also ordered a lipstick, which I liked, but I didn't think was worth $16.50.
- Too expensive for quality
- Felt like I was paying for packaging
- Not enough of consistent must-have products
Still from video--I look so rough! It was the beginning of The Sickness.
Would you try EM Cosmetics?