So over the weekend, I took a much-needed road trip to North Carolina.
Just look at those mountains! It was wonderful.
And one of the highlights for me was going apple picking!
Here I am with my lil bucket at Sky Top Orchards.
I'd never picked apples before. I was way too excited!
Even Charlie got in on the action.
But the best part was eating the apples. Apples are one of the fruits I associate with fall.
I also love using them in my DIY Beauty Products.
Apples improve the skin with anti-aging and skin-renewing properties,
as well as its vitamins and minerals.
So today I'm sharing two DIY recipes for you.
One for exfoliating skin and one for moisturizing it.
- 1/2 c plain, uncooked oats
- 1 c of pureed apple (I used organic applesauce since it's easier)
- 1 tsp Sweet Almond Oil
- Blend ingredients together (I used a hand blender) until it reaches a paste consistency.
- Wet face and apply scrub, rubbing it around your face. This works best over a sink!
- Leave on for 15 minutes and then rinse away.
- 1 c pureed apple (or use organic applesauce)
- 1/2 c plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp pure honey
- Mix ingredients together until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Apply to wet face for maximum benefits.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and gently wash away with warm water.
- The oats act as an exfoliant. Feel free to substitute your favorite exfoliant.
- The Sweet Almond Oil softens the skin and adds moisture. Feel free to leave out if you are allergic or don't want the moisture.
- The yogurt and honey add moisture to the skin.
- Scrub can be used on the body (try your legs before shaving!).
- Both the scrub and mask keep for a week in the fridge.