We all know to use protection on our skin from the sun, but what about our hair? It's true: UV rays can fade color and dry it out, making it brittle and prone to breakage. Luckily, I have some tips that will work year-round to protect your hair. Check 'em out:
- A hat is the easiest way to protect your hair.
- Look for shampoos/conditioners that have UV protection in them, such as L'Oreal Color Vibrancy.
- Look for serums/creams with UV protection.
- Always use heat protectant, even before blow drying your hair.
- If you're going to be around water for the day, I suggest applying conditioner (I love Aussie 3 Min Miracle) or oil and leaving it in your hair all day. When you wash your hair, it will be super soft and damage-free.
- One oil I like to use in my hair is Argan. I was sent a bottle for review by Arganesque.
This Moroccan Argan Oil hair treatment is a very versatile product:
- Protects from UV rays
- Can be applied on dry and damp hair
- Can be applied to natural hair extensions
- Gives shine
- Allows hair to dry faster
- Acts as a heat protectant
- Controls out-of-control hair
- Conditions hair
- Helps with frizziness
It comes in a 3.4 oz bottle, which gives plenty of uses. I used this on my ends or ear-level and down. It made my hair silky and shiny, and I had no problems with my hair after using it. I would either allow my hair to dry naturally and occasionally I would blow dry with it. Since my dry hair absorbs oil, I use more than the average person, but most would need very little of the product. The scent is pleasant. I love how the company offers 100% guarantee. I would recommend this Argan oil. It is $19.99 on Amazon.
PS: I've got 2 amazing giveaways for you to enter: