my friends, and they're so easy!
N e e d:
- 1/4 c citric acid (try Whole Foods or online)
- 2 1/2 c baking soda
- 1 c Epsom salt
- witch hazel or water
- cupcake liners
- cupcake pan
- optional: soap colorant, essential oils, eggs for meringue "frosting", icing bag with tip
Add dry ingredients and mix well.
Then add soap colorants (won't stain like food coloring can. I got mine at Michaels)
and essential oils. Mix these thoroughly.
Lightly spray mixture with witch hazel or water until it starts to stick together.
If you spray too much, it'll fizz.
Add liners to the pan.
I like using a pan because it will help the cupcakes keep their shape.
Allow these to try at least overnight.
I kept these in my car to dry. :)
Add garnish of meringue.
I used an icing decorating bag from the dollar store.
Pop in the tub and let it fizz!
T r y:
- These make great gifts!
- Be careful if your skin is sensitive to citric acid (like mine). I would suggest gloves when mixing.
- If you don't have citric acid, use cream of tartar instead.
- Please click the DIY tab at the top of this page for more ideas!
- For more bath bomb recipes that I've shared, search "bath bomb" in the handy search box on the left-hand side.
Have a great weekend. Be safe, behave, and be well. Love, Elle