P r o d u c t s:
D a y:
- Start with a spray on your face of a makeup setting spray. Model in a Bottle works so well for me. Then apply primer. I love Benefit's Porefessional. Alternative: NYX Shine Primer
- Next, apply a matte foundation, (preferably one with SPF) and I always hesitate suggesting foundations since they are such personal choices, due to skin type. I used Wet N Wild. Alternative: Cover Girl 3-in-1
- To make sure concealer doesn't crease, try Benefit's Stay Don't Stray. If your concealer doesn't crease for you, skip this step.
- Apply NYX Waterproof Concealer and set face with Ben Nye Powder or Rimmel's Stay Matte.
- For blush, use a cream and set with a matching powder blush. Or try a stain, like The Balm in Staniac or Benetint. Feel free to skip blush, if you blush when it's hot out, like me!
- Optional: Bronzer by Too Faced Chocolate Soleil or Rimmel; Highlighter by The Balm in May Loumanizer or Wet N Wild Reserve Your Cabana. I suggest a powder highlighter as opposed to a liquid or cream one, since the powder is least likely to melt away. If you have oily skin, you'll skip it.
- For eyes, try a primer, like Benefit's Stay Don't Stray or Milani's Eyeshadow Primer. Then apply Rimmel's Scandal Eyes Shadow Stick in Bulletproof Beige--it's waterproof. Alternative: Maybelline Color Tattoo or Milani Shadow Eyez. These light shadows make the eyes look more awake. I didn't wear eyeliner, but check Night for suggestions.
- Curl your lashes and finish with your favorite waterproof mascara (I used one by Maybelline), and once your mascara has dried, apply another spritz of Model in a Bottle.
- For lips, I used the Stainiac. Alternative: NYC or Revlon Lip Stains
N i g h t:
- Follow the same steps as above, except for eyes, I used Rimmel Scandal Eyes Color Stick in Bad Girl Bronze. I rubbed all over my lid and then smudged Blackmail into the outer corner, making smokey eyes. Alternative: Maybelline Color Tattoo or Milani Shadow Eyez.
- If you fill in your brows, I like the ELF Eyebrow Kit and then setting it with Anastasia Brow Gel. Alternative: Cover Girl clear mascara
- If you want eyeliner, try Mirabella Permanent Liquid Liner or Milani Eye Tech Extreme--these are waterproof. I would also suggest a gel liner (like from Wet N Wild) and then setting it with black shadow. I used Blackmail on my bottom liner. I know it's intense, but I was going for a dramatic look.
- For lips, I used a stain, then lined my lips (try Jordana or Wet N Wild), and finished with Rimmel Matte Lipstick in 104.
- BONUS: If you have roots (like me) and didn't make it to the hair stylist in time, try Color Wow Root Cover. It's water-resistant!
- Don't forget: Blotting papers! Alternative: Starbucks Napkins
Natural Day & Dramatic Night
What are your favorite waterproof or water-resistant beauty products?
Next up: Hair!