How was your weekend? St. Pats? I mostly stayed in, so as to not push my luck of feeling better. But I did venture out for a couple of hours Friday--the weather in Atlanta was glorious this weekend--and I wore heels, not something I do on a regular basis. To keep my feet from aching in the morning, I swear by this Fizzy Foot Soak.
- Bowl for soaking your feet (I use a foot bath)
- Clear, carbonated soda water/club soda/sparkling water/seltzer water (enough to soak feet)
- 2 tbsp Epsom salt
- 3 drops of eucalyptus oil (optional)
- Vick's Vapor Rub (or make your own vapor rub here) or petroleum jelly or Icy Hot (optional)
- Cotton socks (optional)
- Put your feet into the bowl/foot bath.
- Pour all ingredients into the bowl.
- I prefer the carbonated water super cold, but room temp is fine. Plain water can be used, but you won't have the fizzy sensation.
- Enjoy the bubbly, fizzy, soothing sensation and soak feet for about 15 minutes.
- Feel free to add more carbonated water.
- Gently wash and dry feet.
- To further soothe feet, feel free to do these optional steps:
- Apply vapor rub, if you have sensitive feet, or Icy Hot if you can tolerate it, to dry feet.
- Put on socks and your feet will be soft by morning.
- Please avoid if you have diabetes, sensitive feet, sensitivities to ingredients mentioned, foot sores/cuts, or other health afflictions. Ask your Dr. before attempting if needed.
How do you pamper your feet after a long night out?