Hey you! I'm having the hardest time getting back into the swing of things after not working over the holidays. How about you? Getting up earlier and getting back into routine has given me the ole Puffy Eyes. One of my preferred remedies would be these Soothing Eye Pads. They're made with chamomile tea, which is one of my favorite healing herbs--so many use! The Soothing Eye Pads are great because they can be made ahead of time. Just brew, chill, spritz, and pop onto eyes. You'll feel better in 15 minutes. Here's how:
brew, chill, spritz
- Brew 2 chamomile tea bags--I suggest 2 for a stronger tea.
- Pour into a spray bottle and allow the tea to chill. Keeping It Real #1: sometimes I'll just make the tea and put the mug in the freezer.
- Grab a couple of cotton pads or balls and spritz the cold tea onto them. Keeping It Real #2: sometimes I dunk the cotton pads into the chamomile tea--no spritizin'.
- Place on your eyes for around 15 minutes.
T I P S
- Although the chamomile tea is not consumed for this DIY, let's be on the safe side and avoid if pregnant/nursing or if allergic to ragweed.
- This keeps for about 1 week in the fridge.
- No cotton balls/pads? Put the used tea bags on your eyes instead!
- Puffy and tired eyes aren't just for mornings! I've used these Soothing Eye Pads before a long night out (or after, aka Keeping It Real #3).
What's your favorite Beauty Remedy?