So you've got the tip for taking those holiday party pics, the nails, the makeup, and now it's time for the hair. This look is easy to create, can be done with clean or dirty hair, and looks good on short, medium, or long hair! Try these glam retro waves (and check out my party survival kit at the end):
T O O L S
1 inch curling iron or curling wand
shine serum or spray
M E T H O D
Brush hair free of tangles and knots. Spray hair with heat protectant and allow to dry. Use a comb to create a deep side part.
With the curling iron's clamp open (or off) Take a 1 or 2 inch section (depending on the size of waves you want) and do a wrap-and-twist around the barrel of the iron. Hold for 15 seconds. Repeat for the rest of hair.
Finish with a shine serum or spray for extra glossy hair.
Remember: To get the retro waves, the curl must be an "s" shaped curl. As you wrap the hair, flick/twist your wrist in a clockwise motion to get to hair to twist.
T I P S
- You can gently brush out the waves of you'd like.
- The longer you hold your hair around the barrel, the stronger the retro waves will be.
- If you don't get waves, try holding the hair longer and make sure you twist your hair as you wrap it around the barrel.
- Add a decorative bow, headband, or pin for extra sparkle.
Whether you're hitting the clubs, hosting, or attending a party, I thought you might wanna check out my Party Survival Kit from past posts. Enjoy.
- Holiday Hair Tutorials
- Winged Eyeliner
- Use THIS tip to stop clumpy lashes
- Subtle Shimmer Makeup
- Quick Party Makeup
- Glitter Eyes--3 Different Ways
- Choose the Correct Undergarments
Party Clutch Essentials:
- Blotting papers (I also suggest using a Makeup Setting Spray before you leave the house)
- Lip Stick/gloss
- Hand sanitizer (for gross public transporation)
- Foldable Flats
- Travel hair spray or hair clip/pin
- Perfume or deodorant (scented blotted papers work too)
- ID/Cash/Credit Cards/Phone/Transportation Card
Hosting a Party:
- Hosting a party? Here's my inspiration from years past.
- Smokers at your party? Stop the smell using THIS tip.