How was your weekend? Mine was spent coping with phone issues (total first world problem, right?), making hand soap, and a dinner out with friends. I also had a mini-celebration (picture me alone eating peanut M&Ms) for reaching 1000 followers! I'd hoped to reach 1000 by my birthday, but exactly one month later it finally happened. Thanks to all of you for reading and following! I'm serious. Leave me your links so I can return the favor!
T O O L S
- base/top coat
- copper polish (Wet N Wild)
- copper glitter polish (Spolied in Cougar Attack)
M E T H O D
Paint clear base coat and allow to dry.
Paint coat of copper polish and allow to dry.
Think of your nail as if it had 3 sections, and that will allow you to plan how to do the ombre:
the bottom of the nail is the lightest, then glitter polish, then the darkest glitter at the top.
Take the copper glitter polish and remove almost all of the polish by wiping it on the inside of the bottle.
Starting about 2/3 of the way down the nail, paint a very thin coat of the glitter polish and allow to dry.
Dip back into the glitter polish, and start painting the upper third of the nail and allow to dry.
This should be the darkest part of the nail.
Add a clear top coat and allow to dry. That's it!
T I P S
- If you don't want each nail glittery, try an accent nail or every other nail with this technique instead.
- For a bit more sparkle, try a tiny bit of fine gold glitter polish as the first thin, glittery coat.
- While I stuck to coffee/copper colors, use other autumnal colors (or whatever you'd like).
- If you liked this look, check out my pink glitter ombre nail tutorial.
PS: Click for more Nail Tutorials!