Want shiny, frizz-free hair, but get stumped when it comes to which product is best for what? Check out my guide to these products for shine and reducing frizz that are sure to fit every hair type and budget:
Serum--Thickest & stickiest of all products, but a little goes a long way--best on wet hair--great for stopping frizz--John Freida has a whole line of frizz-free products
Cream--Great for touch ups--best on dry hair--best on ends--great for shine and flyaways
Non-Aerosol Spray--Great for shine--spray on hands to run through dry hair or spray hair--try before using hair dryer or flat iron--dry hair and ears to ends only
Oil--There are so many oils to choose from, like Argan/Moroccan or Coconut--stops frizz--adds shine--use from just past roots to ends--use on wet hair
Got 2B Dry Oil--As with all sprays, spray sparingly around your head, at least 10 inches away or spray onto hands first--dry hair only--great for shine, frizz, and flyaways
Bed Head Spoil Me--Best for smoothing hair--can be used wet or dry--great for revitalizing second-day hair
Garnier Sleek Finish--Smooths, shines, and ends frizz--dry hair only**TIPS**If you spray too much and end up with greasy hair, your hair dryer will help get rid of some of the product! If your hair is fine, spray a tiny amount on your hands and smooth them over the areas that need it.
- No alcohol--try products sans alcohol, like L'Oreal's Alcohol-Free line
- Need another cream product suggestion for Frizz-Free hair? Try Not Your Mothers Smooth Moves!
- Satin Pillowcase--I swear by one to stop frizzy hair while sleeping
- More frizz-free tips from me!
- Tissue and hair spray tame flyaways
- Rub a dryer sheet on your hair
- Rub a metal hanger to alleviate frizz/flyaways/static
- Try a beer rinse!
- Or John Freida's Color Shine Glaze
- DIY Rosemary Shine Spray (plus MANY more how-to-get-shiny-hair suggestions--go see)
Have a hair/beauty question or request? Let me know, below or email me!