Halloween is supposed to be all spooky and stuff, but what if you want something funny, silly, cute, furry, etc. instead? Try a Monster Mani! This is really simple, takes a few minutes, and can entertain children on long car drives, hehe! Or it's good to do so you can shout, "THIS IS MY COSTUME!" when people ask what you're dressed as, because the nails also remind me of Sesame Street and Monsters' Inc. But my real inspiration would be the Pac Man ghosts! Old school! Or maybe you want to have fantastical nails because it is a Tuesday (that'd be me). If this look is a little too much (no way! jk), just modify it. ENJOY and RAWR (is that what monsters say?)!
T O O L S:
- Flocking Powder--you can get these in packs of different colors, or just use the same color on all/one.
- Polish to match the powder's color
- Googly eyes (5 mm or smaller)
- Bowl or surface to catch the flocking powder
- Shadow or small brush to remove excess
M E T H O D:
- Paint nail in color of the flocking powder.
- While nail is still wet, pour the flocking powder over the nail.
- Gently pat the powder and brush away any excess.
- Allow to dry and apply polish (clear polish or nail gel work great too) to the nail where you'd like to place your eyes. I used 5 mm, but anything smaller works even better.
- Apply eyes to nail and allow to dry.
N O T E S:
- I can get a week out of these nails if I'm very careful/use gloves/etc. I like to use this instead for a fun event. Don't add clear polish because it ruins the fuzzy effect.
- Use with caution if feeding children or animals with your hands. I've experienced no problems, but since the googly eyes are tiny, just be careful.
Enjoy! And send me pics or links to your Halloween nails!
PS: Check out my VELVET NAILS!
Those nails totally need a new pair of sunglasses.
Enter my giveaway for a free pair of Polaroid Sunglasses. Must see--they're cute!