I'm convinced August is the worst month of summer here in Atlanta. Or maybe it's the effects of July heat finally catch up to me in August. Whatever the reason, it's the one time of year where I'm ready to chop off and hair, and my very dry skin is a gross, oily mess. To help my skin, I love using a toner. A toner is simply a skin cleanser used on oily skin. I use this only on the oily areas, as my skin is sensitive and generally dry. It takes a minute to make. Here's how:
T O O L S:
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp witch hazel
- 1 tbsp vinegar (I've used with distilled & apple cider)
- Spray bottle or bowl
- Cotton ball or round/square
M E T H O D:
- Pour ingredients into bottle and shake.
- Spray onto cotton ball and wipe on face.
- You can also spray it onto the face and wipe off.
N O T E S:
- The vinegar is an anti-bacterial agent and the witch hazel is an astringent, which serves to clear the oil from the skin, give appearance of tighter pores, and makes skin feel tighter.
- I like to use the spray bottle so I can keep it in the fridge, avoiding spills, and it keeps it nice and cool.
- This mixture lasts about a week if kept in the fridge.
- Just another reminder, I only use this on my oily areas, as astringents can be harsh on sensitive skin. I also only use it occasionally. As with anything, use with caution.
PS: Want more Beauty DIY for your face?