Make a great first impression this school year. And I've got two beauty DIY recipes to help. Both recipes have strawberries, so if you're allergic, please avoid. There are also dairy products, so use caution. Let's get started!
T O O L S:
- 6 strawberries
- 1/2 c buttermilk or 1 container of plain yogurt (try Greek)
- Fork & bowl
- or mixer/blender for a very pureed masque
M E T H O D:
- Cut off the strawberry tops & mash the remaining strawberries with a fork.
- Add buttermilk or yogurt and blend well. I like to use a small upright mixer to make it look more like a milkshake, with a thick consistency being best.
- Apply to face or areas of face where needed and leave for 15 minutes. Wash off, dry gently, and apply moisturizer if needed.
- Use weekly or as needed. Keeps for about a week in the fridge.
- No buttermilk? Use yogurt or make your own buttermilk using 1 c of milk and 1 tbsp white vinegar mixed together.
- The strawberries have salicylic acid, a common ingredient found in acne treatments. They're great for acne and for brightening skin.
- The buttermilk has lactic acid, which softens and brightens skin.
Now that your skin is looking healthy, let's get those teeth whiter! You only need two ingredients. Here's how to brighten and whiten your teeth:
T O O L S:
- Remove the tops of the strawberries. Mash the berries in a bowl.
- Add baking soda and mix to a paste.
- Apply to teeth with finger or toothbrush.
- Leave for five minutes.
- Wipe off teeth and rinse with water--strawberries have natural sugars! You can also brush your teeth too.
- Strawberries and baking soda are great at whitening teeth. Don't forget strawberries have Vitamin C and the acids help remove stains on teeth. No toothbrush handy? Use the strawberry top to apply the paste, as pictured below.