Today's hairstyle will save you a little time and save your hair from heat! Enjoy!
No Heat Loose Curls
To give the braided hairstyles below some volume, texture and curl, try this basic technique (first shared here).
T O O L S:
- Bobby pins
- Spray bottle filled with water
- Beachy Waves Spray (optional) or favorite serum/spray/etc
- Other methods: sock bun or donut bun
M E T H O D:
- Take 90% dry hair (or completely dry) and divide into 4 sections. Use 2 if you have fine, thin hair.
- Wrap into 4 loose, flat buns and secure with bobby pins. We want loose curls here.
- Gently mist hair with water. You don't want wet hair because it will still be wet when you take it down. Plus, hair is most fragile when it's wet.
- Sleep in the buns or let air dry. Make sure the buns are place in comfortable sleeping locations. That sounded fancy....let's say it again: comfortable sleeping locations.
- You can try the sock bun method or a donut bun as well if you prefer.
- Optional: To define the curls, spray and scrunch with beachy waves spray. Use a tshirt to scrunch to avoid The Frizzies.
2-In-1 Side Braids
I like this hairstyle best on me with loose curls/waves, so use the tutorial above or use heat if you'd like! Straight hair looks cute with this as well.
T O O L S:
- small, clear hair elastic
- brush if hair is straight
M E T H O D 1: The Side Braid
- Take a section of hair near the ear on one side of your part. Bring it around the back to meet the ear on the other side. For me, this is my right side.
- Take a section of hair from the other side near the ear & join with section one. For me, this is the left side.
- Begin braiding the sections together. You can do this either by splitting these two sections into 3 equal pieces, or by adding a third section of hair.
- Braid all the way down and add a clear elastic near the bottom.
- You can "fatten" the braid by slightly pulling it apart.
- You can make the braid tiny by using smaller sections of hair.
M E T H O D 2: The Side Fishtail
- Follow the exact same steps as above except you'll fishtail the two sections. This means you'll take a small piece of hair from the outside of section one and cross it over to the inside of section two. Are you scratching your head? Check out my Easiest Fishtail Braid Tutorial.
- Secure with elastic.
- You can "fatten" the braid by slightly pulling it aprt.
- You can make the fishtail smaller/larger depending on the sections used.
- Bonus Advanced Method! Try a French braid. If you'd like a pic of this, let me know & I can add one here.
Email or comment below!