Need to spruce up those summer accesssories? Make these easy neon bracelets--use the colors and designs you like, as these are just a few suggestions. Make one, make more, and stack them. The best part? You probably have most of the tools already. Here's how:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
beads (I used silver, and make sure the beads are large enough for the thread)
- Loop thread around the middle of your hand about 6 times.
- Cut in half. You now have two pieces.
- Take piece one and half that.
- Push the looped end through the washer.
- Take the other end and bring through the loop, making a knot.
- Take piece two and repeat on the other side of the washer.
- Tie the ends of each piece together and trim excess.
- Wrap thread around your palm 6 times.
- Fold and cut until you have 4 even pieces.
- Tie one end of 4 pieces together and tape down.
- Take one piece and thread jump ring through.
- Tie a knot through it.
- Move a little further down and add another ring. Knot it.
- Repeat at least 2 more times on the first piece.
- Repeat process on remaining 3 pieces of thread.
- Tie all ends together in knot & trim excess.
Braided Beaded Bracelet
- Wrap thread around palm 6 times.
- Fold thread and cut until you have 3 even pieces.
- Tie pieces in a knot and use tape to secure them to table.
- Braid 3 pieces around 3 times, and then slide a bead up the middle piece.
- Braid 3 times again (you can braid once or more, but I randomly chose 3) and then add another bead.
- Repeat process until finished.
- Knot pieces and cut off excess.
Finished bracelets with my Swatch Watch & sunnies from the 80s!