All week my posts will be summer-related. Enjoy!
Now that summer is here, chances are you're showing more skin. If you didn't spend all winter moisturizing, here are my best tips on how to get skin soft, glowing, and summer-ready.
- Try a Brown Sugar Scrub with a mitt--do this before shaving or before using a sunless tanner.
- Here's a quick sugar scrub for your face.
- TIP: Don't exfoliate too often or your skin will over produce oil.
- Dry brushing exfoliates, improves circulation, and can help with cellulite.
- Feet need exfoliation too! Try my coconut sugar scrub or use zit pads. These really work.
- Apply a hand salve before bedtime to have smooth, soft hands in the morning. I recommend then wearing soft gloves, like these.
- Use the same method for feet! Try coconut oil & fuzzy socks.
- Before exiting the shower (or within 2 minutes of exiting the shower), apply lotion to skin and then gently pat off with towel. Be careful exiting the shower. Too much product and you'll be greasy all day. I always get compliments on my soft skin & attribute it to this.
- Since I'm getting older, and live in a smog-ridden city, I use body butter, or coconut oil, or coca butter gel oil.
- Tanning artificially and natural will dry out your skin. Be sure to moisturize!
- Try a tinted moisturizer with SPF, like Jergen's.
- No tinted moisturizer? Make your own. Use a dollop (or drop or whatever amount you need) of foundation to three parts moisturizer. Mix well and apply.
- Bronzer or face powder a couple of shades darker than your regular skin tone, is the fastest way to fake a glow. See how to apply bronzer, here.
- Check out more products to get Summer Shimmer.
Stay tuned for beauty, hair ideas, and nail tutorials for summer!