Every basic beachy waves tutorial states,
"Just scrunch hair with sea salt spray & you're done!"
Um, not exactly.
What if your hair is super stick straight? You can scrunch for ages and nothing will happen. Not anymore! All you need is around 2-5 minutes and a great flat iron. Yes! Create loose, boho beach hair like Nicole Richie's:
pics via pinterest
Here's the flat iron I used, courtesy of FlatIronExperts.com:
F E A T U R E S:
- Slim and extra-long 1” x 4½” plates allow you to get close to the roots
- Advanced ceramic heater provides high heat up to 430°F
- Remote temperature control unit with LCD display situated along power cord frees the iron handle from accidental activation and reduces the weight of the iron.
- Surround heat offers endless styling options. Create shiny curls, waves or straight hair with the same iron
- Nano-silver sanitizes the hair and reduces friction for gentle styling
- Silver nano-technology purifies & protects hair for a silky, shiny, healthy finish
- Professional 360° swivel cord to prevent tangling
- Universal voltage for worldwide use
- One year limited warranty
M E T H O D:
- Plug in your flat iron, which straightens hair wonderfully as well, and spray hair with a heat protectant. I like how the temp box is not attached to the iron, but to the cord. I didn't have to worry about accidentally turning it off/down.
- Divide hair in half.
- Make 2 braids. Note: if your hair is really thick, make 4 braids.
- Optional: To create a better-holding curl, twist the braid.
- To apply heat to the braid, go around the braid with the flat iron, from top to bottom.
- Don't clamp, as that will give you a crimpy look, you want heat on all sides, and there's the chance of plate marks on your hair.
- Go over the braid a few times.
- Repeat on other braid(s).
go all around the braid, all the way down, repeat 3xs
Make sure your flat iron has curved edges, like the Zazen
- Once braids have cooled, undo them, run your fingers through, and THEN use your favorite beachy waves spray. I love this Not Your Mother's Beach Babe.
- Other options? Try a flexible hold (spray & play) hair spray, a spray gel, or maybe hair wax/pomade/texturizer to define pieces.
this stuff smells amazing, aka coconut anything smells amazing
I wanted really loose beach hair,
so I only did about half of my hair.
And I had just worked out.
Maybe not the best time for a tutorial?
Hair tutorial requests? Lemme know, below!