Chanel Rouge Coco
The moment I saw this ad, I ripped it out of the magazine, and immediately had to recreate it. It's a quick, simple, and pretty look. It's also great for those of you who rarely wear or don't want to wear a lot of makeup. I used all drugstore products to replicate the look, but I believe Ms. Agren is wearing Chanel Rouge Coco in Candeur ($32.50). It takes around 5 minutes to do--seriously! Here's how to do it:
H O W T O:
- Start off by applying concealer & foundation to a clean face. I used Physician's Formula Youthful Wear because it gives a smooth surface, similar to the inspiration photo. I also used a light shade to look similar to the ad, but when I wear this look out, I wear a shade that matches my tan.
- To further enhance a smooth visage, I brushed on the ELF HD Powder. It comes with a puff, but I used a huge powder brush to apply.
- For the peachy pink cheeks, I dabbed Hard Candy Cheek Tint and rubbed it in. Feel free to use the lipstick of your choosing as the blush. I was on a cosmetics shopping ban when I wrote this, and was trying to use up my stuff!
- It appears as if she's wearing eyeliner in the picture, so I used a gel/cream liner and smudged with a brush. Use a makeup cotton tip applicator if no brush.
- Apply a couple of coats of mascara. I used the Maybelline Mega Plush Volume Express, but any volumizing mascara will do. I can do a review on this mascara, if interested.
- Finish up with a lipstick or gloss that matches the Chanel photo. I used ELF Hypershine Gloss, which is similar to Stila's Lip Glaze, but is only $1.
No, that's not a mug shot!
That's my best Serious Model Face,
and another reason why I try to avoid posting pics of myself.
I know what you're thinking...TWINS!
But seriously, the colors are the same in person.
Try it out & send me pics!
PS: Today would've been my Sugar's 96th birthday. She passed away in January & I miss her so much. Just keep me in your thoughts today. She would've loved the pink makeup!