I N G R E D I E N T S:
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp raw sugar or rock salt
- 2 drops of coconut extract (optional, for scent only)
M E T H O D:
- Mix ingredients together using spoon and hands.
- Slather and scrub mixture on body.
- Use a cloth or loofah to scrub in and help remove the coconut sugar scrub.
T I P S:
- Coconut oil can be purchased at grocery stores and health stores. The brand pictured is in the hair care section at Target.
- Coconut oil is solid, but can be melted down to make it easier to mix. It will be very hot, so use with caution. Use a hand mixer if needed, but you won't need it!
- Granulated sugar will work, but won't be as exfolaiting. Double the amount.
- Coconut oil is, well, VERY oily. You'll think you'll need a huge amount, when in reality the oil stays on the skin and is hard to remove in large quantities. Stick with the amount suggested and then modify as needed. Otherwise, you'll end up super greasy.
- This isn't a cleanser; but is an excellent moisturizing treatment that helps with keratosis pilaris and eczema. Note: I'm not a dermatologist or doctor, so use with caution. Use externally & don't eat it. ENJOY!
DIY, hair, or beauty tutorial you'd like to see? Let me know! Beauty questions you'd like answered? Leave 'em in the comments.