I tried to think of activities and occasions for these outfits. Maribel lives in California. I started with Old Navy, which has affordable basics that come in plus sizes (and petites, too). You'll notice that many of the pieces repeat, because versatility is my number one rule when it comes to purchasing clothes. Use the colors that you like--these are just suggestions! Luckily, ON had the outfits ready--there are more! Simply search for plus size (bonus, no piece is over $30).
Just for the heck of it, I thought I'd include some current trends that even moms could love (btw, Maribel, I'm older than you!) from Forever21.com.
- We all know neon is huge this summer, and while neon accessories are an easy way to style the trend, why not try it in other ways? I like these neon shorts and skirt--balance it out with a neutral shirt.
- This lace top is light and airy, just how we think summer should be. Not a fan on the tank? Try a short sleeve version. Again, perfect for layering.
- I cannot get over my obsession with colored denim. But instead of super bright colors, try a creamy lemon, like these.
- I like this trendy high-low skirt because it hits right at the knee, but still covers in the back. This would make an excellent pool-to-dine transition piece too.
B A S I C S
- A maxi skirt--while maxi dresses are still all the rage, I think a skirt is more versatile. I admit, I was worried I'd be too short for one, but that's just not the case!
- A basic skirt--I featured a lovely printed one in the second set, but try a bright color too. Just be sure the back doesn't ride up!
- Khaki shorts--Bermuda shorts might be best if shorts tend to ride up on you. But I've never had a problem with the ones pictured.
- Denim shorts--these from F21 are little more dressy, and that's why I like them.
- Capris--a summer staple. Try in the linen variety, too. Try some that have varying lengths. I personally have had no problems with white ones while watching little ones, but a basic black or khaki will serve you well. Denim is so cute, too.
- Dressy jeans and pants--for those cooler nights (or you don't have time to shave your legs!)
- Tanks--another summer staple. Dress them up, layer a brighter color with a neutral, or layer with a button up shirt or cardi.
- Tees--another basic that can be dressed up or down, according to occasion.
- Blouses--you can still look casual here. Mix it up with a skirt.
- Cardi--feel free to sub a button up shirt here too. Again, great for cooler nights. I use mine to hide my arms.
What summer trends are you loving?