All week I'm sharing posts that YOU, my wonderful readers, have requested.
Today is a requested affordable pink smokey eye for a reader's daughter's prom.
Also, from Shea who wanted a beauty look.
T O O L S:
- Eyelid Primer (I used ELF, $1)
- Wet N Wild palette in I'm Getting Sunburned ($2.99, drugstores, online)
- WOW Mascara from Rimmel ($3, drugstores, online)
- Flat, pencil, fluffy, smudge brushes (Mine are from ELF and Coastal Scents, $2-3)
- Wet N Wild palette in Walking on Eggshells (to use as highlight/under brow)
- Lash curler (mine's from Shu Uemera, but there are plenty of excellent cheap ones)
- False lashes
M E T H O D:
- DISCLAIMER: I'm only able to take pics for the blog at night, so my pictures never show the true color, no matter what I do. The pink doesn't show up as pretty as it is, not does the smokey eye. ARGH! Help? Tips?
- To keep color on lids all night at prom, use an eye lid primer.
- Pat the shiny pinky/purply shade from the I'm Getting Sunburned palette all over lid with a flat brush.
- Using a pencil brush, dip in the brown glittery shade, and make a sideways V in the outer corner.
- Blend the brown using a fluffy brush.
- Dip the smudge brush into the brown and smudge under lower lashes. Use what's remaining on the brush on the upper lid. Blend the upper lid smudge with a fluffy brush.
- Curl lashes and apply as many coats of mascara as desired.
T I P S:
- No brushes? Pat the pink shadow on with your finger. Use the pointy edge of these cotton swabs to apply the brown shade in a V-shape. Blend with cotton swabs or finger.
- Use the lightest shade in the Wet N Wild palette Walking on Eggshells to highlight inner corners and under brow. Take the darkest brown shade to blend between the sparkly dark brown and the pink, if needed.
- No eye lash curler (you seriously need one!)? Run a spoon under hot water and use it to curl your lashes.
Any personal questions for Elle Sees? Let me know, below.
SUPER FANTASICAL GIVEAWAY WITH MULTIPLE WINNERS TOMORROW!