To wrap up Reader Request Week, I thought I'd do a Q&A:
What's the one thing you would most like to accomplish in your life?
- When I was 18, I made a 30x30 list. I completed everything (and more) on that list, except get married/have kids and learn to drive a stick shift (manual). So those!
What is the WEIRDEST product you've ever used???
My question is: If you could describe yourself in just one word, what would it be?
Hi Elle! Could you possibly do a post on how to use the Sunsilk Straighten Up?
- It's not a product that's readily found in stores anymore (sad face), but I use it as I would any serum/cream. I put it in my wet hair and comb through. It helps straighten, soften my hair, defrizz it, and get the waves out. I still can curl it though. I either blow dry or air dry and then style as usual. Regardless, I'd have to use heat though.
Subjects like why you blog, where you grew up, who taught you how to be feminine?
- I blog because I feel like I'm helpful. I love the community and kinship I feel here.
- I grew up in Waycross, GA...a small South Georgia town. I always had mixed feelings about growing up in a small, judgmental town, but looking back I wouldn't change it.
- My paternal Grandmother & my paternal Great Granny (Sugar) and of course, my mom & sisters.
- My Grandmother (still) runs a beauty shop, so growing up around makeup and getting my hair done was my norm. Fun!
- My Sugar owned a dress shop in the 70s, and seeing all of her clothes and costume jewelry definitely left an impression!
Here's a question - what are some ways to get rid of puffy eyes from lack of sleep, crying, etc.--
Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird
- I actually answered this here: how to get rid of puffy eyes. I also really like Nuance (Salma Hayek's line @ CVS) Cooling Eye Gel. It really works, as does everything I've tried from her line.
I would like to know how you were published in a real live magazine! I think it's such an amazing accomplishment and I want to hear more--Laura
- Thank you!!! It's been a dream of mine and I still can't believe it. The magazine contacted me--as simple as that! Seriously, that's what happened. The hardest part was waiting, and telling people for months it was gonna happen. And it finally did! For the most part, the response has been positive. I have encountered that haven't been supportive (Oh, that must be a local magazine or something. You? Why? Her blog sucks, mine's better etc). I've been tickled when friends/fam from all over the country send me pics of them with the magazine. My friends even threw me a surprise party to celebrate!
"Post more pics of yourself!"-- a lot of y'all!
obligatory bathroom pic, braves game, do use while driving
australia, well, um, it's me, cancun
obligatory b&w bathroom pic, me? in stripes? you must be kidding, serious dancer
Anything you'd like to know? Comment!
And I'll update this post.
Spectacular, fastanstical, amazing, stellar giveaway!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd want to win it.
There will be four winners.
This is not a poem.