a little closer
But I didn't want that IN YO FACE bright, shiny green, so I decided to make mine a little more subtle, and for daytime. This look is perfect for St. Patrick's Day, especially if you don't want to overdo the green. And while this look is more of a daytime one, the look can easily be modified and glammed up for night [edit: I added that at the end of the post]. Add a thick eyeliner and some false lashes. Here's how I did it:
T O O L S:
- Eyelid primer (optional)
- Wet N Wild palette in Comfort Zone, $4.99
- L'Oreal Telescopic mascara, $7.49
M E T H O D:
- I applied an eyelid primer to give the color staying power. I used NYX, but if you've darker skin, try the NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk (that I wrote about here) as your primer.
- I wanted to use a palette that everyone has access to, so I used the Wet N Wild palette in Comfort Zone. I used the two green shades.
- The light green (it says eyelid) shade was patted all over my eyelid.
- I used the darker shade (labeled crease, and it's not showing up as green but it is) in my outer corner, and with the lightest touch, I swept it across my crease.
- Using the small smudge brush (the brushes pictured are from Coastal Scents & are decent, cheap brushes. Love!), I smudged the dark green shade under my lower lashline.
- I finished with a coat of L'Oreal Telescopic mascara. The pics below aren't doing the look justice (I seriously took 20 pics/20 different ways & this was the best I could get). It's so pretty and green, and the crease/outer corner are darker than in the photos. Take my word for it & try it!
PS: I get my eyes white by using this.
And due to requests, here's my Nighttime version!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
How are you celebrating St. Paddy's Day?
Have a great weekend. Be safe, behave, and be well. Love, Elle