In yesterday's post, I asked if you wanted to see an outfit or hair tutorial, and hair won! I thought I'd mix up today's hair tutorial with something a little different: retro waves. These are inspired by singer Lana del Ray and are easy to achieve:
I N S P I R A T I O N:
T O O L S:
- Large curling wand (this is the one I own)
- or large hot rollers
- Recommended: heat protectant, hair spray, boar bristle brush, root lifting spray or volumizing powder
M E T H O D:
- Start with a side part and separate hair into two sections.
- Take the curling wand, holding horizontally, and start as close to the root as possible--this will add volume.
- Wrap and twist hair around the barrel, not leaving space around the barrel. This will create an "s" curl and create the retro waves. Hold for about 10 seconds.
- Catch and hold the curl as you release it from the wand to cool the curl and help it last longer.
- Repeat until finished. Use hairspray if desired to hold.
O P T I O N S:
- Use large hot rollers if you don't own a large curling wand--I used the wand because I don't have large rollers and the large barrel curling I own isn't long enough.
- Need more volume? Try a root-lifting spray (on damp hair) or volumizing powder.
- If your hair loses curl easily, use a smaller wand. As the curls fall, you'll get those waves.
- You can brush underneath the hair to soften the waves.
Have a great weekend!!!