- hair elastic
- brush or comb
- decorative flower or pin (optional)
M E T H O D :
- Pull your hair to one side--the same side as your bangs, if you have them.
- Brush out hair and divide in half.
- Take one half and cross it over the other.
- Ok, now this is the not-so-difficult part: take one half and twist clockwise. Hold it.
- Take the other half and twist it counter clockwise. Hold.
- Now, take one half and cross it over the other, retwisting as needed.
- Secure with a hair elastic--I used a small clear one. That's it!
T I P S :
- If done correctly, you'll have a rope braid! Otherwise, the hair will automatically untwist when you secure the elastic.
- I highly suggest doing this in front of a mirror, so you can make sure each half is being twisted in opposite directions.
- I had straightened my hair, so my hair doesn't have the volume of Selena's. To remedy this, I'd suggest doing this on wavy hair. Or try a root lifter or volumizing powder too.
- Add a flower or pin if you like, as I did. It's really easy and takes fewer than 5 minutes! If you try it out, let me see pics!