First off, did you enter my GIVEAWAY?
I received the glittery blue NYX roll on eye shadow in my MyGlam bag, but knew I'd never wear it. What to do? Instead of throwing it out, I decided to make it into nail polish. See how I did it:
M A T E R I A L S :
- Clear polish
- Eye shadow (this can be any /color of powdered shadow.)
- Mixing station (those are fancy words for "paper plate" or whatever you'd like to use)
- Toothpick (to scrape shadow
M E T H O D :
- Scrape shadow onto plate. Since mine my was roll-on, I just rolled it onto the plate.
- Pour a little clear polish onto the scraped shadow. The amount of shadow/polish depends on you. I did an accent nail here, but I had plenty for both hands. You aren't storing this new concoction, so that's something to keep in mind.
- Mix with toothpick.
- Paint nails.
- Note: if you use the brush in your polish bottle, it will be stained with the color you create. To avoid this, try one of these ideas: an eye shadow sponge applicator (instead of throwing them out) or a small paint brush (these can be purchased for $1 or fewer), or a nail art brush.
Cheap, easy, and quick!
PS: I thought I'd share my Walt Disney World pics with you. Click below:
My view from the train station on my last day there.
The weather was rainy/muggy the rest of the time.
I hadn't been here since Smart Kids Camp when I was little. Don't hate! ;)
A Dole Whip is a must-have treat.
Note the gel nails! Review soon.
The "hidden" bride's ring outside of the Haunted Mansion.
This was one of the few rides I liked better at WDW.
I think I took a pic of this from every angle/distance; loved it.
I've been to WDW and DL equal times,
and while I had a blast at WDW,
there's just something I love more about the Magic Kingdom.
I also went to the Islands of Adventure (Harry Potter), but it was at night and raining, so no pics,
but I did get a Butterbeer and a chocolate frog!
And a random pic of Cee Lo, whom I met in Atlanta at the Bed, Bath & Beyond (Buckhead).
Very nice & flirtatious--he called me "baby" hehe.
I didn't recognize him without the shades & cat.