Happy March 1st! First of all, where did February go? I think I'm still stuck in Disney World :) I'll be sharing more about that soon. In the meantime, check out my latest Cheap Treat. I like to share with you things I love that are $10 or fewer. Today's treat is the ELF Stipple Brush. It's only $3 and has so many uses! Y'all know I love a multi-use product. Read on:
Why do you need this brush in your makeup bag?
- It's only $3 (you can go up on the price for different brands; just Google it).
- In spring/summer we tend to wear lighter makeup, and this is just great for that.
- Many of you commented on yesterday's post that you have oily skin and can't use the BB Cream I recommended. The ELF Stipple Brush creates that airbrushed effect.
- It can also be used to apply mineral makeup.
- Do those gel blushes or cheek stains seem a little intimidating? Gently rub the brush on the blush and apply . Fool-proof, I tell ya.
- Stippling/skunk brushes are also great for applying highlighter or bronzer.
How do you use it?
- Dispense a small amount of liquid foundation/tinted moisturizer on the back of your non-dominant hand (or use a makeup sponge) and dip your brush in it. Now, dab and swirl!
- Stipple, aka dab, the foundation onto your face.
- Next, swirl the foundation you dabbed all over. If the black bristles are moving, you're swirling too hard. That's it!
- Note: if you have severely dry skin, I would not recommend putting on foundation with any sort of brush (stipple, kabuki, foundation, etc). Use a damp sponge or fingers instead.
What cheap treats have you been loving lately? Share below!