What you'll need:
- teasing brush/comb
- bobby pins (I used 4)
- curling iron (optional)
- dry shampoo, mousse (optional)
- If needed, apply some mousse to hair to give it texture (completely optional).
- Divide hair into 4 sections.
- I'm doing 2 braids here instead of one big one like Zooey's, since not everyone has thick enough hair to make that big of a braid. Make it look bigger with 2 braids instead!
- Take the bottom two sections and braid each. Secure with bobby pin.
Divide into 4 sections; braid 2 sections
- Decide where you'd like your braided headband to be--close to your forehead? A little further back?
- Take one braid and wrap it over the top of your hair like a headband. Crisscross two bobby pins to secure. Repeat with the other piece.
wrap braids over head and pin
- Curl your remaining 2 sections of hair, using a 1.5 in curling iron (optional). My hair had been previously curled the day before, so I didn't mess with it.
- Take sections from the crown of the head and tease/back comb until desired height is desired.
- Use dry shampoo or hairspray to help with the volume if needed.
- Set hair with hairspray.
- Time: 5 min to divide, braid, pin, tease. 10 min to curl.
- Total: 15 min. or fewer
- Is it hard to keep bobby pins in your hair? Spray pins with dry shampoo before inserting and don't forget to crisscross the pins!
- Is your hair not long enough to braid? Buy a braided headband, like this one for $10.
- You can curl your hair before you begin or after. In fact, curling your hair can help hold and give you a thicker braid.
- While I modified this hairstyle to be easy for everyone, try a fishtail braid instead!
- Try this style in a side pony, with straight hair, or as an updo!
thanks for reading! xo
Is there a hairstyle you'd like me to recreate? Let me know in the comments below.