Hi everyone! My name is Jackie and I'm a co-writer for my blog, An Enchanted Evening. I'm beyond excited about doing a guest post for Elle. She has been such a sweet and encouraging blog buddy to me, that when she needed some help this week, I was more than willing. Remember to keep Elle in your thoughts as she is going through this difficult time. Shower her with lots of love and sweet comments.
So before my post, feel more than welcome to read more about us, Suzie and I have just been blogging less than a year, but already we are so grateful to get to share with each and every one of you.
Now onto the good stuff!
If you're like me, then by Thursday, you are dying for a little pick-me up. The weather here has been gloomy, which has put a serious damper on my mood. I know we all have those moments where we just need something to make our days a little better. So here are a couple of my tips/tricks to turn that funky mood into a fabulous one.
1. Take a couple of minutes and meditate. Now I usually use this time to pray and listen. No sounds, no music, no TV, no distractions. Just sit by yourself and enjoy the quiet. Breathe deep and try to focus on something positive [even a good memory will work].
2. Listen to your favorite song. Something that has a bit of an up beat vibe. I love "How sweet it is" by James Taylor or "Mamma Said" by The Shirelles. Or a song you just loved as a kid, a little N*sync can go a long way. [shout out to all you 90's fans]
3. Treat yourself to something. Go get a mani. Go eat something you love [red velvet cupcake for me please!]. Stop by starbucks and get your favorite drink. Make that batch of tea that you can't get enough of... something that puts a smile on your beautiful face.
4. Exercise. Now, coming from someone who finds working out a pain in my booty, let me tell you... it can make you feel pretty dang good. We've all heard the little rumor about those endorphins but the rumors are true! Working out helps you to feel better about yourself. So get out there and go do that zumba class [my personal favorite] or go for a hike in your local park. Getting off the couch might be a great way to get out of that funk.
5. Last but not least, surround yourself with people who make you smile. It seems cheesy but this might be the best way to change your day from negative to one you won't forget. Whenever I feel horrible or seem to be having a rough day, I go to the people who love and support me. The people who make me feel great no matter what! Somehow I always end up laughing and forgetting about whatever was stinkin' up my mood.
So that's it! Five easy tips to pick-you up this Thursday. So what is your favorite way to change those bad days? Have you spent some time this week encouraging others? Remember even a smile, can make someones day a little bit better. Thanks for letting me a guest Elle, hope you all enjoyed!
C'est la vie, Jackie