How was your weekend? Mine was nonstop since my Lil Sis was visiting. We shopped, saw The Vow, we played with makeup, and did our hair. Totally girly and a fun break...I miss her already! Speaking of beauty, whenever I do a hair or makeup post, I get asked lots of questions. I usually email/comment the answers, but thought I'd share them here instead. I'd love to do this monthly/weekly and it's a great way to share your blog too. Have a beauty question you'd like answered? Email me, leave me a comment below, or Tweet me, and I'll address it in a future post. Here we go:
- Erin asked, "Do you have a tutorial on how to use the [spin] pins?"
- Erin was referring to this post when I mentioned using the Goody Spin Pins (review here). Basically, you twist your hair into a bun and screw in one pin from the bottom of the bun up. Then screw the other pin down, from the top of the bun down. The review I linked to describes the process in more detail and features I video I found.
- Ana asked, "Do you have any tips on how to make hair grow faster?"
- Lauren asked, "Do you use/like the round barrel brushes? and I'm trying to get some lift in my bangs?"
- For lift, try a round barrel brush. Wrap hair around it (just like in the salon when getting a blowout). Put a nozzle on your hairdryer and use it to blow volume into your bangs from all directions--on top, underneath, and the sides. I also recommend a root lifter spray or volumizing hair spray. A teasing comb or brush can help too.
- Aki asked, "I have thick hair, lots of it. Bobby pins don't work for me. They always end up sticking out of my hair. Am I doing it wrong?"
- I have thick hair too! I always put in bobby pins with the bumpy side down, being sure not to put too much hair in the pins. Want to try something other than bobby pins? Try hair pins, like these from Bun Heads (ballerinas swear by them). Also, spray a little dry shampoo on the pins before inserting them--this is great for those with really fine hair.
Have a beauty question you'd like answered? Email, comment, or Tweet! Want a private answer? I can do that too!
PS: The winner of the Shopbop giveaway, via Random.org, is Alyssa!
Didn't win? Don't worry, I've got another giveaway this week!