What do you do when you've got a cold AND pale skin? Why, create a hair/makeup tutorial of a cold, pale movie character of course! I was probably the only person taking notes while watching Breaking Dawn like a nerd! Have you seen it yet? What did you think? While I can't deliver Edward, I can show you how to look like Bella on her wedding day.
Let's start with the makeup:
- Keep skin as natural as possible, covering blemishes/imperfections.
- Use a slightly peachy pink blush and lipgloss.
- For eyes, brush a champagne shade all over lid. I used Sin from Urban Decay.
- Using a crease brush, work a chocolate shade into the crease and blend down to lower lash line.
- Apply black eyeliner on the upper lash line only and smudge.
- Two coats of mascara complete the look. Time: 5 Minutes
For the hair:
- Can you braid? Twist? Pin approx. 584930 bobby pins? Then you can do this hairstyle! This style is great for those of us with super-straight hair.
- Brush out hair.Part your hair on one side.
- Take a section of hair on each side and twist, kind of like a French twist. Pin.
- Take a section from behind your ear. Braid and pin. Repeat on other side.
- Pull hair together like your going to do a ponytail, but instead, twist up hair, and clip hair. You could also pin hair into place, but for thick hair, it's faster just to clip it. We'll hide the clip with hair!
- If hair is layered, like mine, apply a bit of gel to the remaining hair and smooth through.
- Take the remaining hair and roll around two fingers, just like you are rolling your hair on hot rollers.
- Pin into place and spray hair.
- Separate some wispy pieces from the front (I did this first, actually).
- Bella had a fancy hair pin and veil, if you're feeling super authentic! Time: 15 min.
Steps 1-3, 8
Hair parted, twisted, braided, pinned, wispy hair pieces
Hair is clipped up in a clip and rolled under and pinned.