Psst: I accidentally posted TWO posts in one day, so scroll down for my LUST LIST. Thanks!
I got to round up my birthday with a trip to Philly. Like many of us who visited/live in the Northeast, October quickly became Snowtober and ended with a White Halloween. As someone who lives in the South, I always get giddy over snow. Luckily, Philly wasn't hit with the disaster that other states encountered and the snow melted just in time for my flight to Atlanta. Here's what I wore:
Song: Au Cafe, Sonic Youth
This outfit has a little Parisian flair, oui? And this instrumental-only song makes me think of sitting outside a cafe, even though I was drudging through rain & snow in Philly.When: Friday, Oct. 28
Where: Philadelphia (cue Fresh Prince theme song!)
Outfit & Beauty:
- I love stripes. This is a fact--check out many an outfit of mine for proof. I was going to take a pic of my striped collection, but was embarrassed when I saw how many items I owned. And I swear I'm always telling myself, "No stripes." Regardless, I wore a striped shirt (mine was from Old Navy, but I can't find it online). And while I call the Breton stripe, I'm sure I will be corrected (must it only be navy stripes to be considered Breton?)
- Another staple of mine: black skinnies which perfectly hid the dirt from the nasty rain and later snow.
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness month--my great-granny, Sugar, is a 15-year survivor. She was diagnosed at 80! Following Bessie's example, I wore something pink every week in October. By strange coincidence I noticed so many women in Philly wearing a pop of pink--I've never seen neon pink in so many places at once. For my pop of pink, I donned a scarf (can't remember where I got mine).
- I was amazed how great my hair held up with the crazy weather--windy, rainy, snow, blah. I used my beloved (and hoarded) Sunsilk Straighten Up, but the Living Proof: No Frizz Straightener Creme works just as well.
- Not pictured: purple trench and black Aussie boots
Proof that I'm a Living Person Wearing This Outfit (sigh) and Philly pics after the jump!
The closest you'll get to seeing me in an outfit photo--just not my thing.
And this one only took 1.5 years.
I Tweeted this & my other outfits but failed to crop out my undies in my suitcase. Yikes.
Luckily, that has been remedied here.
I've done all the historical stuff in previous trips, so here's what I saw this time around:
- China Town
- The view from the hotel--I sat in the window seat, watched the snow fall, and consumed copious amounts of coffee.
- Eastern State Penitentiary --I did the night time tour and LOVED it. I also had 2 ghost encounters. I think. Spooky! I also did the never-ending haunted houses.
- I had many a spiked cider, did some shopping, went to museums, and wobbled down cobblestone streets.