Day to Night
Last month, I shared a Cheap Treat dupe, the Rue 21 Natural Palette that looks like the Too Faced Natural Palette. I had requests for a natural, neutral look and a more dramatic look. I decided to combine the two into a Day/Night mini tutorial. The top picture is the Too Faced and the one beneath is Rue 21's version. The Rue 21 shades aren't labeled, so remember each number corresponds with each shade. Let's start with the DAY look:
- First, I put a primer on my lids. Next, I patted Silk Teddy all over my lid (largest shade on Innocent section).
- Push Up was brushed into my crease (far right Innocent section).
- I dabbed Sexpresso (worst name ever) into my outer corner and very lightly blended into my crease (middle shade of Innocent).
- In the inner corner of my eyes and underneath my eyebrows, I brushed Heaven (largest shade Instinctive).
- I added brown eyeliner and 1 coat of mascara. This look can be recreated with the UD Naked palette too. Need less of a DAY look? Complete the look using the top row of the palettes.
- For NIGHT, I rubbed NYX Jumbo Pencil in French Fries (last seen here) all over my lid as a primer. It's a brown/bronze color. Next, I patted Nude Beach all over my lid (largest pan on Excited).
- My crease had the shade Push Up (right shade in Innocent).
- Into the outer corner I tapped Cocoa Puff (middle shade in Excited) and lightly blended into crease.
- The inner corners of my eyes, as well as underneath my brows, have the shade Honey Pot (bottom right shade in Excited).
- I used liquid black eyeliner and 2 coats of mascara. I smudged Cocoa Puff underneath my bottom lashes. This look can be recreated with UD Naked palette. Note: the Rue 21 does have fall out, especially with the glitter shades. Need more of a NIGHT look? Use the bottom shades of the palette instead.
Are you into a neutral or more dramatic eye look?
PS: Have you entered my giveaway?