I've had so much going on lately (my sweet mama & I appreciate your thoughts/prayers...love u mama!) and truly welcomed the long weekend. However, as was the case when I have a long weekend, I was still busy and couldn't relax (plus the GA Bulldogs lost their first game. Boo.). When Sunday morning came around, I was anticipating tubing the river with friends but the weather forecast changed that. Instead of pouting, I grabbed brunch (I totally had pizza) with friends, rented foreign and indie movies, and finally relaxed. Here's my outfit of the week:
Sound: Sunday Morning--Velvet Underground
Time: Sunday, September 4
Place: Osteria 832 Their pizza reminds me of a refined version of Spizzico, in Italy (my Italian fast-food-pizza-guilty pleasure).
Clothes & Accessories:
- I was pleasantly surprised to feel cooler temps and took advantage of it by wearing a white tank under this military shirt from Delias.
- I was going to wear jeans but changed my mind at the last minute for these ripped denim capris.
- Jewelry was simple with these layered necklaces.
- Because my days of wearing sandals are limited (hurry up, autumn), I opted for some of my fave F21 coin sandals.
Hair & Beauty:
- I rarely wear polish on my fingernails...it's just not practical for work (plus I'm clumsy), but this taupe polish is a slight color (and is still on at the moment).
- If you've read this blog for even a short period of time, you'll know my love of a pop of color. I didn't disappoint with this coral lip gloss from E.L.F.
- For my eyes, I went with subtle, neutral colors. I used this Cafe au Lait palette from Cover Girl--a must for beginners and beyond.
- Not pictured: Falsies Flared mascara...I'm kinda digging it and need to really compare it to the original Falsies.
- It's about this time of year that having long hair drives me crazy and I can't be bothered with it. I had washed it the night before and let it air dry. Instead of styling it, I used my old stand by: the messy up do. Mine was probably a little messier than the pic above or the tutorial I just linked, but it worked! And don't forget to remove the bobby pins! I found one later that night. Oops.
What did you do this weekend? How was your Labor Day (if you had one)?
PS--Did you see my Lust List?
Ooh, have you entered my GIVEAWAY? Hurry, hurry.