Bloating. Blah. Not a good thing, right? But ooh, have I got something for YOU! Try some peppermint tea. I'm serious. It WORKS. However, Weird Elle Sees Fact #93 is that I only like hot tea in cooler temps. I can drink coffee almost any time of year, but hot tea? Nope. I don't like it cold either (Weird Fact #22). And so the little peppermint tea bags sit oh so patiently on the shelf. Sniff.
But no more!
But Elle, you may
I'm so glad you asked! And now we FINALLY get to the real post.
I use peppermint tea as a toner for my face.
- Simply brew a bag and let tea cool.
- Pour the tea into a spray bottle and mist your face. Ah, relief!
- Toners are used to cleanse the face and make pores look smaller (but you can't shrink pores. No, you can't!). If your skin is really, really, really oily, add some rubbing alcohol or witch hazel to the mix.
- I keep the used tea bag and use to soothe puffy eyes.
- The mist can be refrigerated for about two weeks. It feels SO much better when it's cold. I've seen toners for $30 (srsly), so try this recipe.
- Use a cotton ball or clean washcloth to wipe away, if desired.
- If I'm just using as a refreshing mist, I don't rinse my face after it dries. Sometimes, I use a moisturizer after.
*Use that spray bottle to make my MAKEUP SETTING SPRAY!