Song: This song is so pink & yellow to me.
When: July 29
Why: Purchasing items for my sister's care package, hanging out with friends
For my Outfit of the Week, I usually post the best outfit. But Imma keep it realz (did I really just type that?) and show what I wear when I'm keepin' it casual. Ok, that's nearly every outfit I post...so in other words, this is my outfit I wore on my Day Off (aka Fridays). I was inspired by my pink polish and the fact that I never rarely wear pink. Click the pic for shopping info. Here's what I wore (and what my friends thought):
- I started off with a pink button-up shirt. Since it's so hot, I made it wearable by rolling up the sleeves. And I left it untucked (escandolo!). My friends didn't understand why I was wearing pink and pink, despite my explanation of color blocking. And you wonder why I never show pics of myself.
- I've been in a crazy thrifting-making-my-own-cut-off-shorts mood lately. Take some faded pink jeans (probably red at one point), cut 'em off, and voila. I posted some similar, so no, I didn't pay $86 for these. Next time maybe I'd wear white shorts, but I wanted to mix it up.
- I didn't wear a necklace but opted for some white bangles instead. Next time I'd wear a turquoise necklace, I think.
- My toes were already adorned with pink polish, and that inspired the outfit.
- While shopping for my little sister's back-to-school care package, I picked up some cream shadows for myself. Only $1, so why not?
- This pink blush from Forever 21 looks neon pink, but it looks so natural on. I ended giving it to my lil sis in the care package, but wish I'd kept it for myself! And now she knows I tried it before I gave it to her...um, oops.
- I love these sandals from F21. Mine were $12.80 and I have them in 2 colors. Comfy too.
- I had these grand plans to change into something nicer before meeting up with friends, but time wasn't on my side. Instead I wore this casual outfit and my knotty hair up do, which is really easy & fast to do. Just divide your hair in half. Tie in a knot. Tie in a knot again. Pin, pin, pin forever, and that's it. Or click the link for a tutorial. Your pick. I'll wait.
What do you wear on your day off?