First up is one of my favorite cities in the world: Paris. It's such a special place that deserves its own post, but for now, I'll divulge some faves that fill my shopping bag--and where to buy. This is by no means a full list. Feel free to add your choices in the comments below. Now get out those credit cards & let's shop!
Cosmetics & Hair Care:
- Le Clerc makes some great makeup and I wish I could try them all. I especially love the lipsticks. To buy: Online or Barneys.
- Votre Vu creates incredible lotions & hair care products. To buy: online or ebay.
- Celebs & models for years swear by the supposedly-illegal-in-US eyedrops made by Collyre Bleu de Laiter and Innoxa Gouttes Bleues. The Collyre Bleu are pricier and sometimes harder to find, so I usually buy Innoxa. To buy: Parisian pharmacies or online.
- Lancome is a well-known brand found stateside.
- Bioderma makes the best gentle makeup remover I've ever tried.
- I love the bell jar perfumes from Serge Lutens. There are other types as well, but the bell jars, which look so pretty on a vanity, are my favorites. To buy: Serge Lutens or search online.
- Roger & Gallet offer great-smelling perfumes and products. I love their green tea soap. To buy: Online or Amazon.
- Check out the L'Occitane store for scents (among other products) not available in your local store. While known for soaps & scents, their shower oil is my fave. To buy: online or boutiques .
- The fanciest, most luxurious candles are those from Cire Trudon. These candlemakers for Marie Antoinette & Napoleon use the finest ingredients and to own one of their candles is the ultimate. To buy: Barneys New York.
- Also known for their candles (& all sorts of goodies for the body) is Diptyque. To buy: Amazon.com.
PS--Want to learn more about my travels and best traveling tips? Check out my Wanderlust and Travel series.