I like to save a few bucks when I can, and when I saw Fresh's Brown Sugar Body Polish for$65, I knew I could make my own for way cheaper. Sugar scrub is excellent for exfoliating dry skin and is safe enough to use daily. It is so quick and easy to make. You can even give as a gift (see my label at the end of this post).
- Brown Sugar
- Baby Oil
- Essential Oils
- Seal-tight container
- Pour 1 to 2 cups of brown sugar into container
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup of baby oil
- Mix well. Add more sugar depending on desired consistency.
- Add 1/2 of small bottle of oil and stir well. (I like mine to really smell, so I use a whole bottle. I used vanilla cream for this tutorial).
- Seal tightly in container to keep moisture away.
- Oil will settle to the bottom, so stir before using. Keep a crafting/Popsicle stick nearby if desired to aid in mixing.
- Light brown sugar instead of dark is my preference; however, for this tutorial I used brown.
- I prefer scented baby oil, such as lavender or cocoa butter. I used aloe vera.
- Just about any other oil can be used instead of baby oil (almond oil smells great). I used baby oil to keep costs down.
- Vanilla extract can be used instead of essential oils.
- Oils can be purchased easily. I get mine from Bath & Body Works or from Whole Foods. Oils are also sold at craft stores. If possible, get an oil to match the scent of baby oil (for example lavender baby oil & lavender essential oil).
- For an even more exhilarating experience, add finely ground coffee beans or sea salt.
- Reader Bre commented to use plant oils instead. Excellent idea! Thanks, Bre.
Giving as a gift? Print out the label above and attach to jar.