Instead of doing the regular ole New Year's Resolutions (only to be broken a day later) I decided to realllllly step it up a notch. I'm doing a different resolution each month for 2011.
I had once read that it takes 21 days to form a habit (maybe that was break a habit?) so I'm hoping these changes will stick far longer than a month. At the beginning of the month, I'll share my new resolution as well as write about what happened with the month's previous resolution. Some resolutions will have a different activity each day, while others will be the same thing for 30/31 days.
January's resolution is to Focus on the Blog. If you follow my blog (I don't mean the "lovely post xo" "but I've not read one word of it" comment. HA!) you've noticed I've changed things up a bit, hopefully for the better. This month I have/or would like to achieve
- New blog layout
- New blog buttons
- Change Header (HELP! Anyone?)
- Animated Elle Sees button
- New Twitter layout
- Sponsorships (not foolish enough to think I'm gonna make money, I just wanna pay for Internet)
- Respond to comments daily
- Find at least one new blog to read/possibly respond daily
- Create a posting schedule. (Ex. Monday's are Quick Tips, etc)
- Write quality posts
- Streamline amount of posts to 4-5x's a week (I used to post 6x's a wk. And no one read it! No mas! And I need a life.)
- Do product reviews
- Create enough blog ideas for 3 months in advance (I am the nerd that always has something to write)
- Do monthly guest posts
- Do monthly features on bloggers
- Update blog pages (About, Featured In, etc)
And many more....
Here's to hoping I'll do it!
I'll post the 2011 Monthly List soon.
Did you do any resolutions? Have you broken them? Have I lost my mind?