Yup, those are some old pics of mine (hence the lack of professional quality, ha!). One year, I didn't have the funds for a tree but didn't want to be a Scrooge, so these were ideas that were free & easy. I put lights on my mantle & lights in my fireplace. I loved it so much that I kept it up year-round one time. Those are tea lights in the 2nd pic but obviously you can make it more festive. And these decorative items can stay up all winter. See some beautiful, not too-Christmasy ideas below:
- This beautiful snowflake design set against the silver will add a lovely glow
- If you do want some color, this red will do the job
- The pinetree & cones are the design on this winter-white
- Sprinkling some ornaments in a bowl looks effortless & chic. I love these snowy owls.
- How darling is this snowflake candleholder? And only 95 cents!
- These dainty trees can be used as place holders at the table or hung from string on your mantle or window.
- A more organic approach is this candle carver. Simply perfect.
- These lights from Ikea are cheap and cast a wonderful design.
- Candles not an option? How about these LED stick lights?
- While these are glasses, they can be used to hold candles as well.
What are ways YOU decorate without a tree?
PS--Have you entered the GIVEAWAY?